Scotland in Winter-A Great Place to Get Married
If you have considered Scotland as the county where you celebrate your winter wedding, this is not at all a bad decision since winter weddings in Scotland are filled with wonderland scenery that follows the colorful months of fall magically covering the Scottish backdrops. Choosing this region for the celebration of your winter wedding can make this day as one of the most memorable days of your life.
Apart from the splendor of winter season with its silvery frosty hills where here and there a secluded castle reigns majestically, you have also the benefits of finding lower costs for accommodation due to the fact that this period of the year is considered off season, except for the Christmas and New Year, of course. You can browse the UK’s online sites of various travel agencies as well as wedding planners, all of them willing to offer packages that include as well your days of honeymoon on great offers deals. Down below there are some of the Scotland’s locations that can be chosen also as venues for your winter wedding in Scotland:
* Whitefalls Spa Lodges – located on the Hebridean Island of Lewis it is described as an intimate, romantic place more ideally created for honeymoon couples, but also good to have a small intimate wedding celebration. The lodgees are built from cedar wood and each one of them are equipped with an immense bathroom that has a large spa bath, sauna and shower area.
* The Rua Reigh Lighthouse – looks like a scenery coming off the famous Emily Bronte’s novel: “The Wuthering Heights”. The views are quite spectacular and accommodation can be also booked, while the “Highland Wedding Bells” can see to it to have everything put at your disposal.
* Loch Ness Lodge – is a Highland lodge that overlooks Loch Ness. There is an elegant architecture of the building ready to accommodate small intimate weddings for all seasons of the year.
* The Galley of Lorne Inn –built in 17th century, is a place located near the Kilmartin Glen – historic sites and also a place licensed to host civil wedding ceremonies. The windows overlook the loch displaying a scenery that during winter times is breath taking. Next to the inn there is a church where the religious ceremony can be performed.
* Craiglynne Hotel – is a hotel built in Victorian style that is situated on impressive grounds, overlooking park area to the forest and the river Spey that runs beyond. The place has been redesigned quite recently and is ideal for celebrating the winter wedding planned in Scotland.